Friday, August 29, 2008

There are so many shades of black......

But not here: not today.

I did another exam today: I am still pinching myself: 96%! Oh my.... Conception, fertility, contraception, pregnancy/childbirth & mothercraft. I guess having my children has finally paid off.

Actually, I think it has paid off in spades. Last night, GG & I travelled home to Muswellbrook to watch the once-only performance of S.Boy's group and individual performances for his Year 12 Drama studies. The kids scripted, designed and directed their group project, and with only 6 kids in the class, 2 of which are not comfortable in the limelight, it was a big ask. Well, it was a hoot. Chock full of humourous one-liners & innuendo. And well done. It's been a little raw & unfinished, which is why it was so important that the kids present it to an audience. They now have faith in their own abilities, I think. Let's hope that they can pull it off for the examiners on Thursday.

Then the 2 less acting-inclined girls discussed the play that one had written, and the other her costume designs. Interesting, both of them. How do you set yourself out there with your creativity on show? To me, it's like being naked.... definitely easier to act as someone else. Another showed the short film that she had made. I was absolutely blown away by this. A simple concept that portrayed the desired message so well. There was more than one or two tissues being handed around, let me tell you. Poor Amy was concerned that she had made people cry: Beautiful girl, that was the point! To be able to arouse that sort of emotion is every director's dream.....
Ruth performed a self-styled piece as a falling star, concerned that as adults, we have lost the concept of hoping and wishing...... I still regularly make a wish on the evening star: now when I do it, I will hear the echo of Ruth's lovely clear voice singing: "Catch a falling star & put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day.."

Next, Michael was very dramatic in his performance of "Dr Faustas. Rock God", a variation of the Christopher Marlowe classic " Dr Faustas". He was breathtaking. I wouldn't be too surprised to see this boy on screen one day.

And S.boy. My Jack. He performed a piece from the movie/play, "Cosi", in the role of Doug, the pyromanic. David Wenham played the role back in 1996. I think, and I'm not biased, Beloved agrees with me, that there is something very special about my son........ He made the role his own: the audience loved him. Proud is an understatement. The look of wonderment, combined with pleasure on Beloved's face said it all.

Good luck to this talented group on Thursday!

S.boy also did well at his job interview on Thursday. The interviewer from the training company was pleased with him, and suggested that he will make it through to the final 40 potentials, but that he needs to try to get a feel for the role of an electrician, and why he wants to be one. Fair call. So, we have 2 weeks to try & get some on-the-job time for him. It won't be easy, with school, & his job at KFC. He's also been aked to do some shows with the Freestyle Trials guys again over the next few weeks.......

GG wasn't so lucky with her job interview at Bunnings.... But, she has worked quite a few shifts this week at Maccas, and 1 at Golo. Tomorrow, she works an "opener" at Maccas.... *snort*... she is SO not a morning person......

Actually, S.boy has just walked through the door, bemused, giggling, on his mobile phone. It would appear, that while he was parked outside a friend's house for about half an hour, someone decided that his car's bonnet would be a good place to take a dump (ie, defecate)...... hmm: go figure...... I hope he hasn't cooked it on.......

So, on that cheery note, that will do for tonight...
Have a good weekend! ;0)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good, good.yes, i can just imagine Jack in that role- COSI is a ballico family favourite....

and congrats x1000 about the exam result !!!

Kris said...

Wow!! Look at them go!

And may the joker who thought that the load in the car was a good idea wind up with it in his bed.....

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.