Saturday, August 23, 2008

Keep on with the force (don't stop)

Good evening, Bloggers.

Saturday night in the Muggle household is very quiet. Well, except for the sonorous sounds that Beloved is emitting from the relative comfort of the sofa...... And the Michael Jackson video on You Tube that is playing as I type. I saw the video on "rage" this morning, and I was taken aback, as I always am when I see the "old" Michael Jackson. I was such a fan of Michael's: I loved the energy and diversity (he was ground-breaking back then) of this extraordinarily talented and handsome young man. Oh, he was handsome: not the shell that he has become today. He has payed a high price for his art, don't you think? *sigh*.... I had posters of him on the wall of my room... and David, and Donny, and Giacomo... Giacomo? 500cc World Motorcycle Grand Prix Champion in the mid-70's..... As usual, I digress.

Anyway, I was extremely moved by the sheer joy in Michaels' face as I watched this video. I would wish him that joy again. Here's the link if you'd like to watch it too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPTDU40hO4

I've tried to upload a photo, but Blogger won't let me.

Bah.

So instead, here's some lyrics:

DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH.
Written and composed by Michael Jackson, 1979.

Lovely is the feelin now
Fever, temperatures risin now
Power (ah power) is the force the vow that makes it happen it asks no questions why (ooh)
So get closer (closer now) to my body now just love me til you dont know how (ooh)

Chorus
Keep on with the force dont stop
Dont stop til you get enough
Keep on with the force dont stop
Dont stop til you get enough
Keep on with the force dont stop
Dont stop til you get enough
Keep on with the force dont stop
Dont stop til you get enough

Touch me and I feel on fire
Aint nothin like a love desire (ooh)
Im melting (Im melting) like hot candle wax sensation (ah sensation) lovely where were
At (ooh) so let love take us through the hours I wont be complanin cause this is love
Power (ooh)

Chorus
Keep on with the force dont stop
Dont stop til you get enough

Heartbreak enemy despise
Eternal (ah eternal) love shines in my eyes (ooh) so let love take us through the hours i
Wont be complanin (no no)
cause your love is alright, alright

Chorus
Keep on with the force dont stop
Dont stop til you get enough

Lovely is the feeling now I wont be complanin (ooh ooh)
The force is love power

Chorus
Keep on with the force dont stop
Dont stop til you get enough
(ad-lib to fade)

Anyway, it's after midnight, and time for bed. I'll need to get Beloved off the sofa and into bed too.


Or maybe I won't.......

Night All ;0)

1 comment:

Kris said...

I liked Michael much more when he was a poor talented black man than the whacked out rich white dude.