Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Are 24 hrs in a day enough?

Well, a quick word before I head off to work. In the last fews days I have;
Payed $70 for a haircut (which one), colour and foils, and I'm not sure that it was worth it. It was the first time in the shop since April, so I expected a bit more value for my money, I suppose.
Visited the doctor (lady, pregnant and pleasant) about my dicky knee and deltoid muscle for my shoulder. She referred me to a physio for assessment, and an x-ray, neither of which I have the time or money.
Washed madly on Friday and Monday to accommodate the weekend out of town, and wondered yet again if the time away is worth the fuss before and after.
Wished my divine Mother-in-law happy birthday in person on Saturday. My fabulous sister-in-law was visiting fom Canberrra as well....Double bonus!
Spent a short amount of time with my brother and his family, most of it trying to sleep on his lounge.
Walked around the tranquil bush of Arcadia, listening to the tranquil sounds of motorbikes and enjoying the very natural and inspiring odour of 2-stroke fuel as my beloved and scorpa boy rode in a mototrial competition.
Highlight of the day; watching, in seemingly slow-motion, a gorgeous 100kg male sail over the handlebars and slide on his stomach whilst riding DOWN a pile of rocks at the end of the section. Two more feet up-right, and he would have had the much-desired "Clean" ride, which means that the rider rides over the obstacles without putting his feet, or any other body part on the ground.
Wondered why husbands can't separate "Wants" and "Needs"; we live in a half renovated house and garage (this is where I'm writing), and my beloved informs me he wants to buy Keith's motorbike. He reckons that it's ok to borrow the money.............I think I ..........I don't want to think.........
And finally......
A while ago, friend who was going through a curley patch in her relationship asked me "Is love enough?"........Well, all I could answer was; "Is it enough for you?" What do you think?
She has since separated from her partner. They had no children together.

Joy to all,

Cyndy ;) xoxox

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is love enough?
wow- dont get me started on that one.
I guess true love encompasses all the other things like trust, faithfulness, respect, laughter, great sex etc........if this was the case, then I would think, yes, love is enough.
But honestly, how often is this the case.......
very often in life we only find out that what we thought was 'enough' isnt enough, whn a third party enters the picture & shows us how much more there can be.....
basically......if its enough for you, then its enough- sometimes though, its not.

can imagine sleeping on glens lounge was a non event & i would be saying NO WAY to the gorgeous boys request for another toy, i mean, motorbike..........
but thats me, and i can be a bitch........
you have to get the house finished by this time next year as the annual meeting of bloggers is being held at your place next April.......
love you........havent we got old cyndy.......

wykd wytch said...

I SO KNOW YOUR PAIN...HAVE BEEN LIVING IN AN UNFINISHED HOUSE FOR TOO MANY YEARS NOW AND EVERYTHING IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAT IT'S COMPLETION....THERE MUST BE A BUG GOING AROUND THAT SOME MEN CATCH THAT MEANS THAT THEY MAY NEVER FINISH A HOME...EVER.

Severina said...

Love your work...and I do not think love is enough...though it depends on the individual. I loved me ex-husband but didn't like him, and I guess there are many more examples...love is good, but firendship I think goes deeper...as well as a variety of other things...oooh one for the thought box there !

Michelle said...

What else is there? Thats what I would have said once. Now I know that love is only enough if you love yourself first. We look in all the wrong places for love and do we really know what it is anyway.
Define love.....

Cyndy said...

Interesting, isn't it how that our perspective of 'love' changes as we become older...try explaining that to a 16yr old whose best friend has moved in with her 16yr old boyfriend......my suggestion that it wouldn't last was looked with a mixture of amazement and disgust.....I only suggested that they should be going out on fun dates, not having to share the grocery bills and dirty underwear jobs......Cyndy the cynic......;)C xxoxo

Unknown said...

not a cynic my dear cousin, a realist..
is love enough ?
I am the wrong person to ask.
Is being loved enough ?
NO.

E x