Saturday, May 05, 2007

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow.....

Good Morning All!
It's Saturday morning, and the day has dawned to a clear and mild day up here in Walnut Grove. It's the biggest day of the year for the locals today; it's the third annual Denman Food and Wine Affair. The main street is closed off to walkers only, with street stalls set up with all manners of foodstuffs and beverages to be tasted. And the pubs do a roaring trade as well. There's a jazz band, singers, and kiddie's amusements as well. But I won't be here to see it. More about that later.
The sunrise was evident, but not all that impressive when viewed from the inside of my car this morning. I had driven Beloved to work, and was waiting for Macdonalds to open so that I could reward myself for being a good wife with a chai tea and a hash brown. I'm definitely not in the shrinkingskinny witches club. It was Beloved's idea. He wanted me to pick him up 10L of his preferred fuel for the bikes while I was in town. I wasn't actually going into town.... his workyard is about 5ks outside of town, on our side... Oh well, I'll suffer a chai tea ....and a hash brown.... I'm like that; such a martyr...... And there was no fuel to be bought anyway.......snicker, snicker.....
It may not be too much longer before I don't have to perform this morning task. I am NOT a morning person. I go to bed too late at night to get up again just 4 to 6 hours later. We need money to pay the draughtsman and to have a few jobs finished on the house before we can approach the bank about re-financing the house for the extensions. After chat to my finace guru this week (who truly must be a finace guru, as she and her hubby have lots of lovely, romantic weekends away, a couple of trip overseas every year, drive flash cars, AND have a corporate box at the Newcastle Knights Stadium. And she has regular hair apoointments, manicures, pedicures, and always looks lovely), it was decided that we would borrow a few more thousand dollars..... hohum..... So I have an appointment with my Finance Wizard (who also looks lovely all of the time) at the credit union, who will lend me some of Her money, to turn it into Our money, so that she can wizard it into even more of Her money, so We can have some more Things! Such as a 1988 t0yota dual cab ute that one of Beloved's workmates is selling for around a grand. It's a bit long in the tooth, but desperately need a second car, and the bikes will fit neatly into the back. It has a 5-speed gearbox, which we need for Jack to learn to drive in a manual car, and the price is right... or near enough. No-one gives cars away, do they?
Some people in this world are fabulously good savers, and some people are fabulously good debt-payers; we fall into the latter category. My dad is in the former. We frustrate him enormously. He will wonder where the money came from when we turn up at his house in a few weeks with a "new" dual cab ute. It will give him something different to complain about... I suppose .... I never cease to amaze myself with the idiocy of our actions sometimes......
Vegeboy and I are off to Parbury Park in Swansea to play footie this morning. Game starts at 12.15 if you're interested in dropping in. This match was scheduled for last weekend, but was cancelled to due rain. Usually, post-poned games are played on a Sunday, but The Powers In Charge Of Newcastle Junior Schoolboys Rugby League decided to push all the fixtures back a week. Which buggers all our plans for the next few weeks. Today was supposed to be a home game, which would have been followed by a trip to Mayfield to Leah and Chad's engagement party, then we could have played at Swansea tomorrow. BUT........Beloved has to stay at home instead due to work committments. So does Scorpaboy. But GG and Tricky are coming to Leah and Chad's as well, so it will be fun. It would have been good to be all there as a family....
Oh well, the best laid plans of mice and men.... Now wouldn't it be different if a WOMAN was in charge ........
I've got to go, or we'll never get there.
GO THE MUSWELLBROOKRAMS!!!!!!!!!!
Have a good weekend y'all!!
Love, The Bloggmuggle ;0) xoxoxoxoxox

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So...was a fun and winning day had by all or what?