Monday, May 04, 2009

Woo Hoo!

Sorry that I missed out on catching up, ladies! The week went so fast...........

  • As reported, Friday/Saturday spent in Canberra. Sunday/Monday was spent in Cowra & travelling home via Newcastle to pick up S Boy from the airport & the dog from my Bro's. Washing done Tuesday, Sboy taken to see surgeon, then back to Newcastle on Tuesday night.
  • Sboy taken to airport to fly back to the Gold Coast Wednesday after sorting out last details of traineeship paperwork. Shop with GG, visit Lovely Lisa for a quick cuppa Wednesday evening. Cooked dad Red Rooster for tea.
  • Thursday, cleaned out mum's wardrobe, visited with bestie, Janine, after dinner.
  • Friday; shopping, haircut, cuppa with Glen & Lisa at Westfield (I bought 2 pairs of high heeled shoes!!!!!), organised impromptu housewarming for my friend/hairdresser, Maxine. 6 women sat around Maxine's table, & 6 lives have all undergone big changes over the last year. It was so good to sit and talk. Oh... and laugh..... the conversation definitely took the odd bawdy turn..... there was so much cackling, that I wouldn't have been surprised to see an egg or two under the chairs....
  • Saturday, I went to the send-off of the mum of a friend of mine. Ann & I have been friends since we began working together at Newcastle Uni in the early 80's. Her mum, Mary, was 83. A delightful lady, to say the least.
  • Saturday disappeared as I drove home & met Beloved after Vboy played football. Saturday was the "Denman Food & Wine Affair", which is the premier event on the Denman social calender. The main street is closed & festival runs all day, then the fun continues into the night. The stalls were all closed by the time we arrived: Beloved, in his naivete, had thought that we would be able to eat a lovely meal at the pub.... no chance when to town's population doubles in size for the evening....... Thank goodness for the local scout group and their sausage sandwiches..........
A band played into the night, & much singing & drinking ensued....... I was a little hoarse yesterday.......... but I didn't dance my socks off...... because my entire week was hampered by the stupid calf muscle that I had strained the previous weekend in Cowra! At least the bruises are finally emerging.... bugger of a thing is still sore, though... and I can't walk in flat shoes properly as it stretches the muscle out......

And here's a picture! Or 2..........


Beloved having fun with Tracy & Lois (she's going to kill me for this....)

Tracy, Amelia & I getting our smiles on........

At this stage, I am coming back to Newie with GG on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning, so the quest for coffee may not be over yet!

Have a good day all!


1 comment:

Jewell said...

looks like you all had fun...