Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She's got the look.............

Hi all.

Life goes on.

I spent a day with my Dad yesterday. It was good. We went to Charlestown Square, then to visit my Uncle & Aunt in Mount Hutton, & then Mum's cousin in Toronto. All are getting are getting on a bit, & their health isn't the best. It was wonderful to see them. Mum's cousin, who was probably Mum's best friend during her teens & early 20's is missing Mum enormously. The poor love, as we were eating lunch was just gazing at me as we talked, and commented with a wistful smile; "You look so much like your Mum...."

I think that maybe I have mannerisms that are like hers, as I tend to physically resemble my Dad's side of the family more, I think, in the face, anyway. My body is simply a shorter, chunkier version of Mum's. GG & Sboy are very much like my Mum's side of the family. My Brother is very much the same as well. Beloved didn't get too much of as look-in with our children. GG has echoes of his maternal grandmother, & Vboy is built very much like Beloved's Mother's brother. He has Beloved's mother's large eyes, too. Sboy is slight, like Beloved's father' s side of the family. None have Beloved's red hair, or tall, generous body shape. They all have his over-developed smart-ass sense of humour........

Work is very busy. I'm on my last few days at the hospital. It's very unpleasant when someone takes a dislike to you, isn't it? I just can't do anything right as far as one nurse is concerned: I don't even bother trying anymore. I hate it when we have to work together......... on days like today........ And she is SUCH a grumblebum. Of course, I am never one......... I believe that you get back what you put out there: I just do not put out what I get back from her (at least at the beginning, anyway) I will concede that I might be a touch ambivalent towards her these days..... But I definitely do not give out the impatient, disdainful, hostile & aggressive vibes that come my way. She looks the other way when we pass in the corridor......I have a tendency to smile & say hello to her, (because I can...) ... When she has to speak to me, she tends to hiss & spit it out, especially if she thinks that I may have done something wrong. When she thinks she's right, the hint of a smug smile tugs at her mouth.....

It's one of life's skills, isn't it, to cope with the crap that some people deal...?

Bah! I will waste no more time on her. Tomorrow is another day.

Time for a shower & bed.

Goodnight all ;0)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, i see Sadie in you, but i see Cyndy in you too, and i love ehr to death xx
Lisaxx

Natalie said...

Goodnight love.xx♥

Michelle said...

Poo to bitchy nurses.

You are way too nice for her anyway.

Hrmph

The Tall Red Head said...

The best thing to do is be so nice to people like that, it pisses them off so bad. Glad you had a nice day with your family.