Friday, December 12, 2008

This is the week that was.......

The week in review:
  • Saturday, Sunday: worked. Can't remember what else...... Oh that's right. Beloved's work Christmas show on Saturday night, then he went to Sydney to the final Oran Park car fest on Sunday... I played taxi (as usual..). Complained bitterly that a houseful of adults (young & old) do nothing around the house..... particularly the young..... it's hard for the old ones as they are always at work, supporting the young ones.... who spent most of their time on MSN, messenger or out having fun......
  • Monday: Cleaned house, did some painting. Drove to brother's house to celebrate father's birthday with father. Discussed Xmas..... bah humbug
  • Tuesday: Drove into Newcastle to buy Camera charger for Sboy to take overseas. Perused bikes at Hadley Cyles at Lambton for VB for Xmas. Drove to Sydney. Collected passport & visa from Indonesian Consulate in Maroubra. Sat on Maroubra beach for a millisecond. Very pretty. Not a "Bra Boy" in sight. Managed to safely navigate back across the harbour bridge because the boys didn't want to go through the tunnel again. That reminds me: I need to pay the tunnel toll... now it's too late & I will incur an extra fee... Dropped Sboy off at Texas Productions so that Paul could drive him to the airport to fly out on Wednesday. Drove home with Vboy for company. Sydney drivers would appear to have better manners & tolerance of "tourists" than their reputation suggests.
  • Wednesday: worked. Met Beloved at his appointment with his surgeon to have the lesion removed from his leg. It is a day pocedure under sedation that may require a graft. Had a nice dinner with Beloved at Muswellbrook Worker's club. Drove up to St Joseph's high school Xmas pageant at Aberdeen, which is an annual social event (hidden within the guise of religious fanfare) for the under 18's & their indulgent parents. Between the time I dressed at 5am and the pageant at 6pm, a southerly had arrived, and I was freezing in my work clothes..... Sboy arrived safely in Jakarta.
  • Thursday: worked. Met GG at the surgeon's office (the same one) for review. She's doing well & can now have 2nd daily dressings rather than daily, which is more convenient. I was doing one day & the community nurses the next, wherever GG could find a time & common location for the procedure. Drove to Muswellbrook Hospital to book Beloved in for his lesion op....... on Feb 5 2009 because the local theatres are closed from next week until then.... WHAT THE??????? Don't get a potentially fatal condition that needs surgery up here in Wattle Grove until then, folks...... Beloved is rather concerned, with good reason, that the lesion on his leg may be a skin cancer. I refused an appointment at a Newcastle clinic next weekend upon the strength of the local GP's advice that it would be looked after ASAP...... It's a scabby, festy area the size if a 20cent piece that will require either a graft or skin flap closure, performed after excision under local & twighlight sedation. We have private health cover.... what is going on here???????? GG & I then bought Christmas presents for the nieces & nephew. It's finally starting to feel a little like Christmas...... But I did manage to pick up the wrong size in one thing, so back it goes today.. Hopefully, I can exchange it. Helped GG to dye her dyed-white-blonde hair a very festive, vibrant & eye-catching shade of pink. She's not blending in at all..... I hope her employer likes it as much as she does.....
  • Friday: VBoy left early for an excursion to Luna Park in Sydney. GG is working. I have an evening shift. Beloved is working, & will attend the annual Christmas party at the Van Village across the road. I have to organise another appointment for him somewhere else sooner than Feb for his leg. I have been organising VB's very exciting trip to Newcastle tomorrow with 2 mates to see the band, "Parkway Drive" at Panthers League Club. I don't know the boys, or their parents, so it is a bit of a leap of faith....... "Gibbos" mum seems quite nice, and was somewhat relieved that another parent actually rang her to arrange the trip. The poor woman needs some reassurance since she's taking 3 or 4 teenage boys out for the afternoon/evening..... & is locked in a car with them for 4 - 6 hours of it.... I have to clean the house & am in the process of stripping beds in case Angel & her family turns up from Brisbane tomorrow evening. They were hoping to attend a baby naming ceremony in Muswellbrook on Sunday, but I haven't had confirmation of this.......
  • Saturday..... working... again..... Beloved, GG, me...... VB's big day out. Pick him up from Muswellbrook at about 12.30pm - 1am on Sunday morning...... GG goes to Newcastle for a friend's 21st birthday.
  • Sunday.... ahh... nothing major planned, but I'm sure something will come up... Hopefully, I'll have finished my Xmas shopping & wrapped aforementioned gifts & placed them under the tree..............................
Well, now that I've told you about my life, I'd best go live it!

Have a good weekend everyone!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

and i thought my week was full!

Natalie said...

You are superwoman, I am dragging my sleep deprived ass along the ground as usual. More power to you!

Enjoy yours too.