Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday I've got Friday on my mind......

How changeable is this weather??????

After 2 days of abysmal wind & rain, today is just divine: Mildly crisp with miles & miles of blue sky. It will probably be quite warm later.
The Hunter River is very high again (in flood really, but because of the levee banks, it's contained) for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.

My weekend was pretty good.

Work requested that I take an Accrued Day Off on Saturday as I had too many accrued: I said "no problems".... I had the roster in my hand when I went into the NUM's office on Friday to request an Annual Leave Day, so I wanted the day off anyway! Yeehah! .... *snort*.... no problems....

I was driving home verrrry slowly in the pouring rain at 11pm on Friday night, when I passed a police car around the corner from my house. I turned into my street, & could see the Christmas lights flashung from the Van Village across the road, when there was a flash of red & blue lights of the not-so-Christmas kind coming up behind me...... I was breathalysed 100m from my driveway! It was teeming rain... I'm not sure why it took me so long to find my driver's licence.......

All the rain meant that Beloved wasn't working either, so we headed down the valley to Maitland to pick up some Christmas gifts from the "Big Shops". Christmas shopping is just about done....
VB went to his gig at Panthers with his mates at 3pm.... and had to be picked up at 1.30am in Muswellbrook.... *yawn*.... He had a sick time though!
My friend, Angel & her youngest, Marcus, arrived at about 5pm, just as GG was leaving to go to Newcastle for a friend's 21st birthday. It's a talk-feast when Angel & I get together: bed is such an inconvenience at times like these! She had to leave at 9am on Sunday... ;0(

The weather was less rainy but still windy on Sunday, so of course, the washing machine was fired into action. VB spent his day recovering, I washed & cleaned, while Beloved did some much-needed landscaping in our back yard. Now his mother will be able to access and exit the house without re-breaking her leg....... You had to walk the plank to get onto our back verandah.. literally..... I watched "25yrs of School Spectacular" yesterday afternoon... amazing...... I also cleaned our oven for the first time since we installed it... and cut 2 fingers in the process.... (I knew it would be a dangerous process.....). I also single-handedly de-homed a whole continent of fleas that had taken up residence on what I had assumed was our dog, Clover. I now realise that she was a flea-continent masquerading as a dog..... I have never seen so many fleas in one place..... the shampoo & water ran red...... It's time for her annual check-up today.....

I did manage to wrap some presents as planned, and get them under the tree. A few more to go.......

One truly dreadful thing occurred at the weekend.
I found out that a much-loved & trusted family member has been behaving with some very young and innocent family members in a very un-loving and trust-betraying manner. This has rocked our family, filling us full of disbelief, confusion & revulsion. As you know, it happens all too often, and is life/world-shattering......... I hope this person realises that he can have no contact with any of us ....... but at the same time, I worry about him........ it's in the hands of the police........ so we'll just all take a step back & support each other.....

I'd better ring the vets & check the time of Clover's appointment.....


Have a good day..... & don't let the Christmas turkeys get you down!

Love, Blogmuggle ;0)


7 comments:

Natalie said...

Horrific Re: your relative. Very sorry.What a shock.
Hugs to you and yours.

The Tall Red Head said...

Yes, every parents worst nightmare to hear that news. Hopefully the children and their parents cope ok now that it is in the open.

You have a very busy life Cyndy! I don't know how you manage it all.

Cyndy said...

Yes you do Toni.... we just keep on doing, don't we....

Thanks girls xoxox

Michelle said...

Re fleas...there are tablets called Capstar that you can get from the vet or petshop that knock every flea dead in about an hour. Doesnt help with reinfestation but helps in the first place.

Bloody to the rest!

If I ever find out that anyone has touched any of mine I will be jailed!

Michelle said...

The other thing you can do is sprinkle hydrated lime all through your grass outside and just leave it. It kills the fleas in the grass and ground and doesnt hurt your animals and makes your grass grow like the clappers!

Bit powdery for a few days but worth it

Cyndy said...

Tank you... you be sech e hepful woomun....

Sorry... brain snap....

Anonymous said...

scorpaboy is lurking, what thu heeell happened? in that last bit i mean!