Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Big boys don't cry........

Just dropping in to say hello.

Life is good. I returned to work on Monday (public holiday pay; yay!). So far so good there. I have an ADO on Friday, so somebody somewhere loves me, but the roster is a bit on the weird side. I work 6 days straight next week, which is ok, but then there are 10 days of unscheduled leave followed by another ADO, 4 days of quick shifts then goodness knows how many days on a new roster on my next rotation at Muswellbrook. I think someone messed up somewhere.....

I will have to go into Mussie before I start work this afternoon, see if their roster is out, then try to sort it out when there is time at work with the acting NUM,when she has time..... good luck with that. Staffing is a huge issue at the moment as school holidays are always a juggle, and lots of people are sick at the moment. It seems that illness is always an issue in the healthcare industry. It must have something to do with the "aura" of the sick people in hospital (the professional term for this is Infection Control...), stress & shiftwork, I suppose.

All is well in the family up here in Wattle Grove. Kids are enjoying their holidays. GG has worked a few shifts (unpaid until today's shift, but that is ok: she's got to start somewhere & they have appreciated her committment). She has missed her Newie social life, though. Sboy is busy preparing for his exams: NOT. He's very relaxed, though. "Being a kid", he calls it. Vboy has been sleeping until midday & "just hangin'".......

Beloved heads off to Victoria tomorrow with his mate, Pete. He should have fun....

I'm happy as I've managed to cut $65 off our weekly expenditure at home this week. I wonder if I'll ever find it????????

Sad note: The fabulous Poppy Don is back in hospital this week, and the divine Uncle Al (the one that lovely Lisa & I share) has been in & out over the past few weeks, & is not a well boy either. (Maybe this was the cranky bloke in a dressing gown that you saw in your dream, Lisa? He hates being unwell: it frustrates him no end...). Some healing energies would be appreciated for these luvverlies please.... I know that everyone is fairly stretched at the moment....

Anyway, I'm off. Things to do.

Have a good one!

Love, Muggle ;0)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whats happening with Uncle Al ?
I dreamt about him the other night again- there is stuff happening around him my angel, be prepared for this.
I didnt know that he was actually unwell.......send me an email please.
Lisa xx