Thursday, July 10, 2008

You're everywhere and nowhere, baby......

Lots of everything, and yet nothing in the blogmuggle world. Life is busy, as usual.

Work is full-on, but I'm enjoying it enormously. So far, nothing has ocurred that has put me out of my comfort zone. My only problem is the early start: my day begins at 5am, which wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that my sleep patterns have me still awake at midnight. Beloved and I are barely sharing the marriage bed due to his generous capacity for snoring and my inability to cope with it. Just breathing loudly can prevent my dropping into slumberland...... and yet, I can fall asleep infront of the tv at the drop of a hat. Maybe we need a tv in the bedroom.....

The offshoot of my sleep deprivation is another dose of the flu, so I am off work AGAIN. I'm only taking 2 days this time, so it's back to work tomorrow.

We are almost in the house. All the major painting is done, and we have just the skirting boards, architraves, insides of the cupboards and a couple of doors to do... and OMG it's slow. The electrician is here to finish off the wiring today, and the plumber was supposed to be here last Friday to plumb in the gas hot water service. Whether or not he's done, we're moving in this weekend (as long as we've finished the painting).... The air conditioner will be installed next week, so there's a few cool nights coming up.

MY GOODNESS IT'S COLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorpaboy is enjoying having his licence, and is constantly out in "his" car, which was registered for the year yestersday...... GG is now car-free, as I drove her car home from Newie last Sunday as it is due for registration... like.... yesterday, as well. HOW DID WE END UP WITH 2 CARS DUE ON THE SAME DAY!!!!!!! Duh...... Anyway, she's only working 1 day a week at Golo, so she doesn't really need it. Buses are readily available to get her where she needs to be. Her job at Broadmeadow McDonalds hasn't eventuated as yet, and she's not very adept at being pro-active in this department. I'd be phoning them every other day..... It's almost impossible to live on 8hrs of wages every week. It certainly doesn't buy much in the way of food and clothing. She now drinks very cheap wine (goon) and smokes roll-your-own cigarettes. Deperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose, and she refuses to give either up. It's sad that she already has these addictions in place at the tender age of 19........ But then again, so do most of her friends..... They all have "Issues....". It confounds me somewhat, as this is the generation that has really been given everything, with extremely indulgent parents that have worked hard to ensure that this happens, and yet, they are also the most unsettled, immature (even though they are more "world-wise"), and unhappy, regardless of the fact that they are more "educated". More "lost" than most of my generation. Roles and the place of the individual in the world seems to have become very blurred. Or the expectations are unrealistic, maybe. I don't know. The government gives them all the rights of an adult..... except to be able to paid as one if they are a student or a part-time worker. This responsibility is passed back onto the parent, who is expected to support their "young adult" until such times as they are able to support themselves, or they are 25.... I'm not sure what happens if they are students beyond the age of 25......... As a parent who is "too well off" for their young adult to qualify for any government payment, I find that our finances are stretched to breaking point constantly. Last week, I signed off on a centrelink form that stated that we were a family in crisis, and that GG could no longer live with us. I have resisted this for over a year. She's supposed to get a third party to fill out the questionnaire, and sign off on it, but I've left that to her. It is true, up to a point. She could come home, but flatly refuses to. She likes the Newie lifestyle (read social-life and party-time here) and wants to be "independent". Instead, she spends most of her nights on the lounges and floors of varying friends around Newie. Her situation at Nanandpop's home with just Dad is not good. All he does when she is around is nag her (She is a "failure and drop-out", and he says that he has to "Teach" her; he's missed the boat there, I'm afraid), and without Mum there to run interference, GG just runs away........ I don't want her in this environment, but until she does something about securing more work, there's not much anyone can do. It's up to her. Independence is a bitch. Consequently, she is more attatched to her "friends" than her family..........

Well, that was a rant. So endeth the pity party..........

Well, the electrician has just called off the job in response to the weather...... gale-force winds and sleet are a bit off-putting.......

And I've an essay or 2 that I need to work on... and sleep is rather high on my list of priorities...

So the Blogmuggle is off!

Have something yummy and hot today... and stay warm!

No comments: