Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Riders on a Storm.....

It is storming here in Walnut Grove at the moment. Rattling thunder, rapturous lightening, divine rain.

And the smell is .........

Amazing.


I love it. It takes me back to the last day of school when I was 5, almost 6. It was our party day, and I was wearing the beautiful pale pink, rose-printed party dress that my mother had made me. My best dress. She made all my dresses. For some reason, I was walking home alone, and a drenching summer storm happened on the way. I was sopping, shoeless, and deleriously tripping through the rivulets in the sandstone roadsides....... and not in the least bit scared.


For the second time today, I have re-visited this time. Smells. So Important.


Life here is more than good at the moment.

My knees are in a sorry state that will probably only be resolved by major intervention.... such as replacement. So no more singing and dancing for me. For now anyway. We (K)need to preserve the joint and strengthen it, lose weight, take drugs such as glucosamine and anti-inflammatories, partake in physio and exercise to maintain mobility and flexibility. As Lisa says, BOSH. And I have an appointment with a rheumatologist next month. So thank you to Tunde, my gorgeous massage/beauty/nail technician who told me almost 2 years ago that there was something very not right with my knees when the doc said they were really ok.... And Daria, my Bowen therapist, also expressed concern.

Hmmm... I can't wait to see what the Rheumy-doc makes of my hips.... and elbow... and a couple of my fingers.... and ankles.... and toes......

He'll see big dollar signs, that's for sure.


We've spent so much money in the quest of health this year that we've cracked the Medicare safety net..... we now get back 85% of all of our claims. I think we'll have all our "Jobs" done before the end of the year......

My new job is great. I love it, too. The people are so much fun. And we get the job done. And well.

But I do miss a lot of the people in the old job. And they miss me too. It's so sad to leave behind residents and their families that I have spent so much time building up a relationship with. Actually, I'm going in for 2 hours on Saturday to spent time working on a "Life Story" scrapbook with the one of the resident's mums. Jay is 35 and tetraplegic after a brain injury 5 years ago. His mum is a wonderful person. I have promised her that we will finish this book that we started together. There are certainly worse ways to spend a Saturday morning.

The smell of the greasepaint has lulled me back to work with Muswellbrook Amateur Theatrical Society (MATS) again. But not on stage this time. I am helping the afore-mentioned gorgeous Tunde with the make-up for the show "I Think I've Heard That Song Before" that is on this Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. And then again on the same nights next week.

It's 2 years since there's been a show. Last time we did a stage-show based on "The Blues Brothers". Fun, Fun, Fun. And months of hard work. I don't know if I've mentioned this before. I was a singing, dancing (& stripping) nun; the ugliest & randiest redneck bar-maid that you wouldn't want to run into on a dark night at "Ben's (Bob's) Country Bunker"; & a very frumpy old bag who was the operator in a sex-call phone-centre in "Ed's Love Exchange"........ A character actor, that's for sure. I've got a good head for radio, you know......

Oh .... Bosh ..... I just tried to load some piccies for you to see, but blogger couldn't do it because they aren't JPEG or GIF. or something like that...... maybe I can work it out later. Or not. I'm am extremely computer challenged, you know.

Anyway, here's one from our holiday. It's the Australian Mototrials Championships presentation night. These are all of the "Kids". The future of Mototrials in Australia is in safe hands.......


Nuh. That won't work either. Blogger must be busy enjoying this storm too.

Anyway.

Later dudes.

Yep, too much television.

Yeah mon. Keep it real......

Did I mention that I watch too much tv?

See y'all.......

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

__________________________________________________________________








3 comments:

Michelle said...

Excellent!

Kristy-Lee said...

I love smells too. Very important.

Let us know how the book goes.

The Tall Red Head said...

I saw those storms on the news. Looked scary to me!!