Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm right there with you.......

It's late, but I'm awake, so........

What to blog?

  • A NannyVal update: Poor nan hasn't really gotten over her infection all that well. She probably came off the IV antibiotics quicker than she should have. Every 2 days, she's back at the Drs, with the possibility of a re-admission hanging over her head. She is feeling sad and guilty as we have found a new home for the very (un)fierce Bindi the atttack cat. I think that Bindi was probably the last gift that PoppyDon had bought for NannyVal....... I think she needs something warm & furry for company..... but what/who/how/when?
  • Tomorrow: will be a difficult day. It's the 1st anniversary of Poppy Don's passing...... We've taken the day off to spend it with Nanny Val. I don't know what to expect, really. When it was my Mum's anniversary last April, we put notices in the paper, but didn't get together. Dad just went to work, as usual. So did my brother & I.... A busy mind kept us from dwelling on it, I suppose........ Dad is very private anyway, but misses Mum every second that he is at home. He aims to be away from home as much as possible.
  • What else?.... I've been working at the local aged care facility, which is ok. I like the residents. And the staff are ok too. Being 5 minutes away from work is very convenient.....
  • We are all well..... so that's a good thing. I think I'm a wee bit boring...... Facebook is quick & easy, isn't it?
  • Had dinner with friends before going to work on Sunday night.... Gay is such a wonderful cook... lamb roast...mmmmmmm
  • Ummm... working Thursday. Home on Friday. Prawn & Chicken Night Fundraiser on Saturday night. Working Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Course in Newcastle on Tuesday. Working Wednesday. Off Thursday, working Friday. Then 2 DAYS OFF! We're going to a friend's 50th birthday party in Newcastle..... That's me in a nutshell.. No deep & meaningfuls here. I think that they are buried too deep......
  • I've become a slave to tv again.... "The Vampire Diaries", "Good News Week", "Bones", "Moonlight", "Weeds", "Fringe", "Australian Idol", "NCIS", "Dexter", ABC Dramas & comedies mostly Wednesday/Thursdays... "The Big Bang Theory" "Frasier", "Seinfeld", "Flashforward", "Skins", "Nip/Tuck", "Curb your enthusiasm", "Eleventh Hour", "Torchwood", "Dr Who", "Red Dwarf", "Hogan's Heroes"........ mostly ABC & GO!. All of it is escapist.......
As a wise pig/sheep farmer once said......

"That'll do, pig..."

Goodnight all.

xoxoxoxoxooxo

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ummmmm...I have crabby patties~they will be warm and furry soon