Monday, August 24, 2009

Long night gone, yellow day........

Morning Bloggers.....

I'm going to start off with an apology: I've not long walked home from night shift, so I make even less sense than usual, you'll know why.

Vboy has just left for school, the washing machine is doin' its thang, the toast is good and the tea is yum...... it sounds a bit like "Breqakfasat at asweethearts" ..... I meant to type "Breakfast at Sweethearts...", and that's how it came out, as, not only am I tired & unco, I'm leaning on my knees with my feet up on the chair, which makes typing difficult..... I love this Cold Chisel song:

Campbell lane
Through the window, curtain rain
Long night gone, yellow day
Speed shivers melt away

Six o'clock I'm goin' down
Coffee's hot and the toast is brown
Hey streetsweeper, clear my way
Sweethearts breakfast is the best in town
Oh-oh, Breakfast at Sweethearts . . .

Hey, Anne-Maria
It's always good to see her
She don't smile or flirt
She just wears that mini-skirt
Drunks come in
Paper bag, Brandivino
Dreams fly away
As she pulls another cappucino

Six o'clock I'm goin' down
Coffee's hot and the toast is brown
Hey streetsweeper, clear my way
Sweethearts breakfast is the best in town
Oh-oh, Breakfast at Sweethearts . . .

I would go to bed except that I have to hang the washing out, and call work in Mussie to ask the DON if I can use her as a referree for a job in her department.

VBoy's league team, the Muswellbrook Rams, managed an almost repeat miracle performance of the previous weekends football win when they played Greta-Branxton. Last Saturday, they played Swansea-Belmont in the final. The Black Swans thought they had the game pretty well sewn up; they were winning 14-6, until about 5 minutes before the end: we scored 2 tries to romp into the Grand Final against Central Charlestown at Harker Oval next Saturday. The final score was 22-14. We are still pinching ourselves.

I had a lovely shift in the maternity department last Friday, with 2 brand new babes in residence. I am back working there tomorrow morning, and there will be at least 1 baby delivered in the morning... I know, as it's going to be a caesarian delivery. I am really looking forward to it ;0)

Ah well... I'm fading, and the washing machine has stopped.

Goodnight...err... morning..

xoxoxoxoxoxo


No comments: