Saturday, April 18, 2009

Get a haircut, & get a real job........

Slack me has been going to post for days, but I haven't been able to... this is especially bad since it was Beloved's birthday yesterday;

"BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BELOVED"

And because I love him so much, here is a picture of his favorite thing. He has spent hours pulling this bike down to nuts, bolts & pieces, then buffing, polishing & painting bits until it has been bling-ed (very tastefully) within an inch of it's life........ this photo doesn't do it justice, really. It is Sboy's newest bike that we bought him, which he then systematically managed to demolish over the past few months with his show riding...... He has hinted that he might need it for the Caravan & Camping Show at Maitland in May, as his show bike will still be in transit from Darwin... really, his chances are between none & buckleys.........
Beloved's biking cohorts are green with envy at the sight of this little beauty, & they have sighed whilst requesting a "Do" for their bikes in Denman....

As you can see from this pic, our house & yard are less of a passion..... unmown lawn, building rubble, dirt pile, unpainted house, unused/unfitted water tank... & a 1974 model car........ It must drive our neighbours mad, as they have a pristine house & a yard that looks like it is vacuumed regularly....... with 2 for sale signs out the front. Do you think that we may be de-valuing their home, or even worse, scaring off potential buyers????? EEEEEK!

Damn "Bejewelled Blitz"!! You know that you have played a game too often when you see red squares, blue diamonds, orange hexagons etc on the insides of your eyelids when you shut your eyes....... and I still suck at it. I very occassionally post a good score, without really knowing how I achieved it....

It has been a good week workwise. I really like Community Nursing. There are lots of options & variety in it. I spent Thursday in the Chemotherapy Lounge, where people with cancer receive their intravenous cancer drugs. It was an incredible positive experience, & I met lovely people who were more than willing to share their journey with me. Because that's what cancer does: it sends you on a journey of self-discovery. And a journey through the halls of medicine. And I think that I like being part of that experience. I'm a talker, and you need to be in this job. And more importantly, you need to be a listener, and as someone wise once said (even though it was in a movie, & said tongue-in-cheek), you need to listen with your eyes as well.

Monday is my last day... *sigh*.......
The girls took me out for lunch yesterday... none of the other places that I have worked has been as warm & social as this one. But then again, I have a history with these people. Working with them has been a bit like going 'home'.

And as of Tuesday morning, I am unemployed. Does anybody see anything out there for me? I have only ever been unemployed by choice. I have to admit, the thought of being unemployed is doing my head in a bit, considering our level over fiscal over-involvement.. Oh, and I need a haircut, too...... (see the blog heading..)

I hope that a few of my Goodest Ones in Newie (and Backpassage) are up for cuppas & food...... a bit of a holiday will be good.

So now I've shared, I'd better get on with the day. After all, it's 11.23 am, & I'm still sitting in my dressing gown & slippers!

Enjoy your day!


<3>




6 comments:

Natalie said...

Excellent post, Cyndy. Always nice to see whatcha been up to.

NOICE bike!

Do your neighbours talk to you? Have they intimated that they are less than pleased with the yard etc.?

Oh! and, who wouldn't employ you? You are a pearler.xx♥

Jewell said...

love the bike....good luck with your job hunt

Cyndy said...

My neighbours are a lovely old couple who have been exceedingly patient & tolerant of our building, kids, motorbikes, and untidiness. I just hate the thought that our place may be holding up their plans to move into their retirement community.

Jen said...

Oh, you will have a job soon. For sure. You are incredible.

And I hope I am on the list of 'goodest ones' that you are having coffee with soon!! Is it a date??? lol

Bejeweled Blitz. Doing my head in too. And I am with you on somehow posting a good score every now and again with no idea how you did it... sigh

Cyndy said...

Yes, Jen: it's a date!

Hippy Witch said...

I understand the neighbor thing, Im sure ours hates us every morning at 5.30 when David goes out and starts the truck, it is air start, very loud and needs to warm up for 10 minutes. Our yard is the same also, and Davids bike is also very bling. They are all special. Hopefully I can join you for coffee when you come, tell Jen to let me know. Good luck with getting another job.