Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The main thing we do is rock your socks off.....

Hi.

17 working days of my traineeship left.

Hmmm.

Life is exciting. Not.

This afternoon is my one & only evening shift in the aged care facility, then a quick turn around into a final morning shift tomorrow. The highlight of my day is the $6 all-you-can-eat salad lunch provided by the Hospital Auxilliary ladies. Hey... this includes dessert, can of drink & a bread roll!

I am gainfully spending my morning watching tv whilst making pairs & folding socks. My laundry bench had a basket of socks on it that had overflowed into a bag, then oozed down over the bench, then slid all over the floor.... a few too many socks, I fear.......

But it was not a waste of time..... I manufactured 33 pairs of matching socks! Then there was the left-over shopping bag full that I thew out..... I did manage to rescue a couple of lonelies who I feel may have a mate out there somewhere........

Yep.... it's meaningful existence...........

Have a good day ;0)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am giggling.

My day has been just has as meaningful...well, my week has actually :)

Natalie said...

Blessed are the sock folders, who love a bit of Daryl.xx♥

Cyndy said...

Not just his feet, hey Nat?

Tania said...

The sock fairy came to my place and I don't think any of our socks match :)