Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's a hazy shade of winter..........



Good Morning Bloggers!

It's a misty, damp, grey morning here in Walnut Grove. A good day to indoors watching "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers", which is exaxctly how I'm spending my day today. As I suspected, I was only allowed to work on Monday, and told only to come back when I am better. The doc in Muswellbrook sent me home with antiobiotics, which may or may not work, but with 5 days off, which should help. So under sufferance, I am home. I will return to work on Sunday evening. Mind you, I slept away most of yesterday, so there must be something in what the doc advised.

There is so much that I could be doing, but I'm not going to do it. Just some washing, minor cleaning/primping of the hovel that is home, and I'm going to try and get started on my TAFE essays that are due on August 4. Rest is the order of the next few days, because I REALLY want to go to work on Sunday. Mind you, I may have had my fill after 6 straight days of it.

And I'm really bored with my hair and the ugly, dirty-grey/brown re-growth at the roots. Foils are only good at hiding impending old age for so long, so I bought a temporary "Castings" colour called "Terracotta" to put into it. I bet it won't look anywhere near as good as it does on the pack. It never does, does it?

I find it incredible that Orlando Bloom looks so hot as a blond elf. But as all around him become grimy and sweaty-looking, he remains clean and neat. But still hot. He doesn't impress me as himself, though, just Legolas. And Aragorn: dirty, grimy, stringy-haired Aragorn? Mmmmmmmmm... Definitely appealing. Frodo tends to annoy me as the movie series progresses. I think my favourite character is Samwise Gamgee. He is honourable, faithful, honest: a true friend. And brave to the end. A bit like a labrador or boxer dog. By the way, this is a compliment to Sam. We all need a Sam or two in our lives. Maybe not all encased in one individual, somebody or bodies who can support and encourage us. His positive spirit and sense of fun seem to brighten even the darkest moments within the films. And those mischevious hobbits, Merry and Pippin, keep the story interesting too. And poor, poor Smegol. A tortured soul to be sure. And Gandalf the Grey becomes Gandalf the White, his wavy grey locks giving way to straight white. Even his trusty steed, Shadowfax, lightens his colour! The goodies are always in white aren't they, which is why I find in a bit of a conundrum that the evil wizard. Saruman, wears white.... He should never have ascended before our brave and true Gandalf..... There's a favourite line in our house: "You have my axe... (AHHHXXE)"......... And how about those dwarf women with their beards? I reckon I could pass for one in a few years..... And there's David Wenham as Faramir. My goodness, that man's a chameleon.

I am thankful that , as a result of an online application and resultant interview, GG has been offerred a job at Broadmeadow Maccas. Not her dream job, and one that she has steadfastly avoided since she commenced work at 15, but one that may help her to find her feet and pay her some money whilst she sorts herself out. It's not out of her comfort zone, that's for sure. Maybe she'll stop walking in that shrinking circle..... And develop enough confidence to step outside the little world that she has created for herself enough to see the person that others see, and want to be with, rather than the poor imitation that she thinks that she is.

And the biggest new of the week; WE HAVE 2 NEW TOILETS IN THE HOUSE...... AND THEY FLUSH!!!!! YEE-HAH!!!!! The plumber only dug a hole in the water main (which he installed) and nearly drowned himself, and cut through the phone line out the front when he was digging the trench for the stormwater out to the front. At least it was an old one, we found out today..... Poor old Baz had a shocker!

Anyhoo, I've bored you long enough. Have a good day!


1 comment:

Mr Joshua said...

Yes Yes...
Robert Zemeckis is a Brilliant director who has directed such films as:
Forest Gump
Cast Away
Back to the Future
Death Becomes her
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

and Many more hehehehehe...

Oh yeah... Phillip Seymour Hoffman Won and Oscar for "Capote" he Played Truman Capote and he was Farkin Brilliant!!!!

Josh...