Monday, June 18, 2007

Congratulations. And Celebrations.........

Attention!!!


Attenzionie!!!


Ok, to keep up with my tradition of being a little left of centre, today we're celebrating my



102nd Blog post!!!!


Ta Da!!!!!!!


Ok. I'll admit it.
I forgot to note that I had actually posted 100 times......
SO HERE COMES THE RIVETTING BLOG POST, AUSPICIOUSLY NUMBERED 102.....



It's Monday, and tonight it started raining again.


A lot.

Muchos precipitationos


A special request:


Do you think you could temporarily re-arrange your name, please Raihn?
To something that might help us out a bit, such as
"No-More-Rain-For-A-While"
?
Or exert some of your very profound influence? I distinctly remember you arranging some appropriate weather for me last year........


We really can't take too much more rain here at the moment.


Beloved managed to get bogged in the yard, yet again, on Saturday night, and it hadn't rained for a couple of days.... more of my lovely old recycled-chimney-bricks disappeared into the boggy depths...never to return.

I'm not game to park in the yard any more.


A old local from up the road told me that he remembers that there used to be a spring running underneath our yard. And I think that he's right.





Vegeboy is back from his 4 day trip to the Snowy Mountains, in one piece, and happy. Tired, but happy. And he skiied!!!


The Big Boys went to Arcadia for a mototrials event on Sunday. Scorpaboy won A-Grade. We shan't mention that he was the only entrant to compete in A-Grade. He rode VERY well. And arrived home very muddy....



And I had fun placing dirty, damp clothes in the washing machine, then placing damper clothes into the clothes drier. An abundance of them actually.
Then I re-painted Vegeboy's ceiling that was only painted a year ago, thanks to a "Horrible Science make-your-own-brain" that the boys managed to stick to the ceiling, three times, then forgot to tell me that it was stuck there. The stain just wouldn't clean off, so I have had to paint it all over again. That's my idea of "painting", Anchell.
And then I took my time peeling thirty-five layers of old enamel paint off Vegeboy's door with a heat gun. Those 4-panel doors, which look so cute, are a pain to strip paint from.....Oh well.. It's almost half done....on the front.......

I've probably got lead poisoning now....




And I'm a bit of a Trivia geek. I attended the local Combined Churches Trivia night on Saturday night. I didn't even get struck by a thunderbolt.... and I am abashed to say that I was able to answer a trivia question that no-one else in the room was able to.


A One-hit Wonder Question.




Who sang the song; "Push the Daisy"?

Answer; "WEEN"




No-one else knew.

What does that say about me and my mind?




Hmm....


I am, indeed, strange.........

With a head full of shite... Totally useless shite.... I can even remember the film clip.....................

This is a nice picture of them that I found. Not too many photos look like this; they're usually more grungy, with coloured lights and smoke-filled stages, but not rock'n'roll god-like, though. They call themselves Dean and Gene Ween....... but they're not blood-brothers.

They must be nice boys, really. Just look at that beautiful Lab-Adore..... and the aran/cable-knit sweaters that Nanna must have knitted for them....




And I'm going to bed. I worked in the Aged Daycare in Muswellbrook today as an extra shift, and I've got my normal week to look forward to now.


Goodnight all!!!!!


<3

_______________________________________











6 comments:

poody said...

pushin little daisies and watch them grow! I love Ween! Once a radio station here in town had a caller go thru a drive thru at jack in the Box and sing that to the speakerbox!

Michelle said...

Hmmmm...okaaaay. I hate stripping paint and painting cielings is hazardous to sanity...poor muggle x

Michelle said...

...ceilings....

Cyndy said...

I was surprised, Poody, to see so much data on the net about Ween. They only ever had 2 singles here in Oz, and I can't remember the name of the second. No more albums were released, even though they have made about 8.

But then again, the net is always surprising.

Unknown said...

see ya in a few months...will blog from the UK thu....xxxx

Unknown said...

have never heard of ween and yes, you are not the first person to suggest a raihn name change......has it eased at all?it just seems to be eternally wet here . x