Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blue, with a touch of pink..........

*The UAI's are in, and GG isn't all that impressed.*

70.

Lower than she expected.

But my GG is a resilient girl. She's looking through the Uni book at other options to achieve her goal...which would be good if she really knew what it was. But her short term plans include an Arts degree at Uni, and she will get there...even if it means a slightly circuitous route, or a move further away from home.

Gods, she's wonderful.

I love my girl.

She's even looking at Anchell's Institute of Higher Learning choice for her daughter.........

I'm going to miss her............

But she needs to stretch her wings........

And fly.............


Damn those 14000 High Achievers and their 90 plus marks.......pushing down the UAI.............



<3>

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Taking the more "scenic" route ... may even get side-tracked and find something that she didn't even consider ... all for a reason : )

Michelle said...

Bugger for GG....but Kathleen is right, could be a blessing in disguise. You never know...life is exciting when you are just setting out on it.

Cyndy said...

I agree! You are very wise women...;)

Kris said...

Sometimes the road less travelled is the way to go. When I had trouble getting into medical school, I decided to "hide" in nursing school until I could regroup. Well, fell in love with it. And here I am a decade down the road, proud as heck that I kept on this path. I would've been a good doctor...but I'm a HELLUVA nurse! :)

Unknown said...

UAI sucks.......awful.......how can a number categorise a child like Eloise.......i mean, come on. Elly will achieve, will continue to achieve highly, as she always has- she is a gifted girl, a golden girl, like Anchells CSV and my egyptian witch. our world is crying out for the likes of them......
All will be well; the path about to open for her will be more than she ever dreamt of........trust me, Im a witch.......