Monday, September 03, 2007

Confide in me....................

Hi Bloggers!!!

;0)

It's Monday again!




It's been busy as usual.

I won't bore you with the details, but I'll share some highlights (& lowlights) with you.
Maybe you should grab a drink....... You know what I'm like once I get started........


Hmm.... Where to start??????


How about last Friday night?

I drove down to Newcastle to pick up GG after work and take her along to Arty Farty Mary and Darlin's Fabulous Opening. But she was not well... Hayfever, she said. So she stayed at home (in front of the computer, I suppose) whilst I went to the Fabulous Opening on my own. I have only one thing to say...

IMYGODITWASWONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

I had seen some of our Arty Farty's work on the blog, but up close and personal, there is so much more to see... she is an amazing artist, that is for sure. And her work is very reasonably priced ( underpriced, really)...... She shouldn't be an "unknown" for long.
And Darlin's glazing on his works is incredibly special.
I sincerely hope that they both sell these divine works, and find it within themselves to create more........

And I couldn't afford to buy one as I had to share $1000 with the Shire Council in the morning so that we can finally get the building approval for our additions...... nice of them wasn't it?????

NOT!!!!!!

Saturday.........

Vegeboy's Mighty Muswellbrook Rams Rugby League team versed Belmont North Sharks in the Under 13's division 2 Grand Final. It was a hard fought game, with tries and goals scored one for one. The Sharks were the better team on the day, with a try by our boys dis-allowed with 15 seconds to the hooter....... It would have equalled the scoreline, and made us joint premiers. But the Sharks called the final pass "forward". The touch judge agreed with them, so the ref called "No try".

Belmont North are the Premiers. As they were leaving the field, the Sharks coach told our coach that his boys convi
nced the touch judge that the pass was forward, when they all knew that it wasn't. And the ref was heard to mumble that he should have allowed the try.......

Oh well........

It was a great experience for our boys anyway. To have played so well as a team in their first year was a triumph in itself. They are a consolidation of 4 previously rival teams, but all have a passion for football & have become quite a tight unit.

GG came to the game with enthusiasm, but then fell into a sleeping heap in the car afterwards. She didn't have her planned evening out with her friends, either. But we did. A night out at the Buck's is always great fun. But we had an early night as both Beloved and I had to drive to Sydney on Sunday morning.

Sunday......................

For his Fathers' Day, Beloved and his boys went to Pacific Park for a ride day. Great for him! And GG and I went to Star City to see "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"!!!!!!!
one word again........


OHMYGODITWASAWESOME&GGANDIWANTTOGOTOMELBOURNETOSEEIT
AGAIN
!!!




Okay..... breathe now......... especially after I paid the parking fee of ...$39.00......... it was $17 for 6 hours...... we were 6 hours, 3 minutes....... because we wandered around Star City while the crowds waiting to get into the carpark thinned out......

Actually, the blog post title is a line from a Kylie song that the character, Felicia Goodfellow, sang in the show.......

A drive back to Nanandpops for the night, and it was weekend over. I went to Spotlight at Rutherford for a looksee on the way home today. It's big. I also had a squizzy at the bamboo flooring at Horimber timber. It looks interesting. Does anybody have any info on bamboo flooring??????

And a little drool at the lovely furniture in "Everyday Living". Noice, very noice.

And home again..........

And for a complete change of subject........

VB has had a science project to complete involving some research and a model of a cell. He chose to do a sperm cell (OK; I chose it, as I thought it would be pretty simple to do).

So while he was researching and typing up his info on Friday night, I set about creating a spermatozoa out of pastry dough. I must have something in common with Jacqui, I think......
It was going really well.
I had fashioned the head and body, with the inclusions of a bright blue nucleus surrounded by plain dough for the cell membrane,
lentils to re-create nuclear vacuoles, a sultana as a centriole, green-coloured rice for mitochondria in the body, and a fabulously waved, cooked 2 minute noodle for the flagella. In to the oven it went, and voila: a spermatozoa.
It looked really good, until I looked for it on Sunday morning........

It was supposed to be next to the computer..... a safe place away from the busy places where it could get knocked over.....
And the body, tail and quite a few of the lentil/vacuoles were gone...
Poof! Disappeared!

And this morning, I had to telephone his science teacher and tell him that a mouse (or some other potentially larger rodent) had stolen and theoretically eaten VB's science project.......... He cacked himself laughing...but not without the obligatory jokes about "the dog eating my homework", of course........

Another model has been made, glued to the cardboard, labelled and stored in tupperware, ready for transportation to the science rooms tomorrow.....And the tail is a plastic twist tie this time, as I wasn't about to cook a whole packet of noodles for the sake of one single flagella.... it really stunk when I was baking the thing.... mmm... burning plastic........ VB did more of this one.....

Anyway, as the farmer in "Babe: Pig in the City" says:
(In my best Yorkshire accent)

"That'll do....."

Love to all,

xoxoxox ^_^ xoxoxo



3 comments:

The Tall Red Head said...

Goodness me you have been busy!

Very exciting life you are leading.

Makes mine VERY boring.

Jen said...

i dont know about bamboo flooring, but i just bought a bamboo chopping board.... i really like it!!!

poody said...

It sounds like a good time was had by all do your frineds the artists have a web site I oculd visit? I love the bamboo flooring. it is supposed to be good for lots of wear and stronger than hardwood flooring. I have thought about getting it for my living room. It is beautiful but $$. Speaking of which your dollar must not go as far as ours because $36 to park the friggin' car is outrageous! My God how much do they pay yu people over there? here it is about $5 to park downtown in a parking garage but usually on the weekends it is free. I have been trying to figure out where in this world you do live. I know you live close to Sydney right?